Bahraini imports increase by 18 percent in Q4 2021

Share
2 min read
Bahrain imports rose by 18 percent in Q4 2021.
Share
  • The top 10 countries accounted for 71 percent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29 percent, Bahraini media reports said.
  • The value of exports of national origin increased by 99 percent to BD1.192 billion during the fourth quarter of 2021.

The value of Bahraini imports increased by 18 percent in the fourth quarter of 2021, reaching BD1.406 billion, the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) said in its foreign trade report.

The report, which encompasses the data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports, said the value of imports in the last quarter of 2020 was BD1.191 billion.

The top 10 countries accounted for 71 percent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29 percent, Bahraini media reports said.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD204 million, Brazil was second with BD180 million, and Australia third with BD129 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD198 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD125 million, and Jewelry of gold was third with BD37 million.

The value of exports of national origin increased by 99 percent to BD1.192 billion during the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to BD599 million for the same quarter of the previous year.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 67 percent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 33 percent.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD193 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the USA was second with BD107 million and UAE third with BD99 million.

Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during the third quarter of 2021 with BD320 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD211 million, and Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) third with BD82 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 1% to reach BD155 million in the fourth quarter of 2021, compared to BD157 million for the same quarter of the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 84 percent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for 16 percent. The UAE ranked first with BD39 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD33 million, and Singapore third with BD16 million.

Parts for airplanes emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD19 million, gold ingots came in second place with BD17 million, and four-wheel drive cars came third with BD8 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD59 million during the fourth quarter 2021 compared to BD435 million for the same quarter of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 86 percent.

SPEEDREAD


Today's Headlines

The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning.

Google reCaptcha: Invalid site key.

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

MORE FROM THE POST