The UAE’s defense ministry has said that the country’s Defence Systems have detected a “missile threat directed towards the country”.
“Kindly follow warnings and updates issued through official channels,” the ministry said in a statement on X.
“The Ministry of Defence clarifies that, if any sounds are heard, they are the result of air defence interceptions. The ministry affirms its full readiness to respond to any threat and safeguard the UAE’s sovereignty, security, and stability,” the statement added.
The warning came as US President Donald Trump claimed the Strait of Hormuz as American territory as his frustration mounts over a war with Iran.
Trump posted a map of the strategic waterway on Truth Social on Tuesday bearing the caption “New US Territory”.
The provocation revived his threat last week to declare the strait American territory following an Iranian “surrender” that never came.
Iran had earlier hinted at carrying out proactive offensive actions in the region, rather than tit-for-tat actions if American attacks continued.




