Bahrain national-origin exports grow to $3.12bn in Q3 2021

Share
2 min read
Bahrain government said unemployment benefit was not discontinued for any eligible beneficiary,
Share
  • The value of exports of national origin increased by 76 percent to BD1.174 billion ($3.12 billion) during Q3 2021
  • It was BD669 million ($1.78 billion) for the same quarter of the previous year

Bahrain’s imports grew 16 percent, but its export of national origin ballooned 76 percent in the third quarter of 2021, according to the foreign trade report issued by the country’s Information and eGovernment Authority or iGA.

The value of imports increased 16 percent to reach BD1.349 billion ($3.59 billion) during third quarter 2021 compared to BD1.166 billion ($3.1 billion) for the same quarter the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 70 percent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 30 percent.

According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD214 million ($329.79 million), China was second with BD167 million ($444.15 million), and the United Arab Emirates was third with BD95 million ($252.66 million).

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD249 million ($662.23 million), while aluminum oxide was second with BD80 million ($212.77 million), and parts for aircraft engines third with BD52 million ($138.3 million).

The value of exports of national origin increased by 76 percent to BD1.174 billion ($3.12 billion) during third quarter 2021, compared to BD669 million ($1.78 billion) for the same quarter of the previous year.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 73 percent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 27 percent.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD236 million ($627.66 million) from Bahrain.

Meanwhile, the United States was second with BD211 million ($561.17 million) and the United Arab Emirates third with BD108 million ($287.23 million).

Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during third quarter 2021 with BD382 million ($1.02 billion).

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates were second with a value of BD250 million ($664.89 million), and unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) was third with BD63 million ($167.55 million).

The total value of re-exports increased by 22 percent to reach BD175 million ($465.43 million) in the third quarter 2021, compared to BD143 million ($380.32 million) for the same quarter of the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 84 percent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16 percent.

Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD53 million ($140.96 million), the United Arab Emirates second with BD50 million ($132.98 million), and Singapore third with BD11 million ($29.26 million).

Four-wheel-drive cars emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD20 million ($53.19 million).

Gold ingots came in second place with BD17 million ($45.21 million), and parts for aircraft engines came third with BD15 million ($39.89 million).

The trade balance — the difference between exports and imports — recorded a deficit totaling BD1 million ($2.66 million) during third quarter 2021 compared to BD335 million ($890.96 billion) for the same quarter of the previous year

This was an improvement of the trade balance by 99.8 percent.

SPEEDREAD


Today's Headlines

The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning.

Google reCaptcha: Invalid site key.

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

MORE FROM THE POST